Metrical form

A vast amount of carrots were consumed by our little one last night (to say nothing of the potato, sausages and ice cream), which prompted us to measure her. She has broken through the 1 metre barrier and now stands tall at 101 cm. "Am I tall enough to go to school now?" she asks hopefully.
She also displays a fine grasp of rhythm and metre in song. This morning she was clambering through her tunnel whilst I sang "The Katy went through the tunnel ..." to the tune of The bear went over the mountain. She finished off the verse for me by interrupting with "and popped out the other side"!
The following utterance gives a good snapshot of various aspects of her development at 2 years 7 months:
"I would like some carrot stix and some apple juice, also I need the toilet and don't you or Daddy come."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close encounters of the furred kind

Opinion polls

An eye for an eye, and ...