Fearless Kate

My driving instructor used to call me ‘fearless Rach’ (possibly something to do with my habit of not stopping at roundabouts) and it seems my daughter is similarly reckless. The other day we went out to feed the ducks – although the ducks were rather outnumbered by screeching seagulls and Canada geese, plus a pair of swans. The arrival of humans bearing food prompted a rush to land of enthusiastic webbed feet. Far from being fazed by this, Katy had an eyeball-to-eyeball encounter with a goose, attempted to stroke it, and then started feeding it from her hand. I did check and she had all ten digits when we went home.
Subsequently I found a book in the library about an outing to feed the ducks, which has become an instant favourite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close encounters of the furred kind

Opinion polls

An eye for an eye, and ...