More Mahler

I missed my opportunity to play Mahler I with the Wilmslow Symphony Orchestra when I was struck down by pneumonia (definitely not enough puff left for Mahler) but on March 27 I got another chance, this time to play Mahler VI with the Stockport Symphony - a far better orchestra, and conducted on this occasion by the assistant conductor at the Halle. Owen brought Katy along to the afternoon rehearsal on the day of the gig. "Mummy's going to play her oboe. Can you say 'oboe', Katy?". "Yeah", she replies confidently. It took several hours before she actually came out with the word, and since then it pops up at very unexpected moments.
Actually I was playing cor anglais, but I thought that might be a bit much to get her teeth round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close encounters of the furred kind

Opinion polls

An eye for an eye, and ...