Kathryn is one!

And she is a one, too ... she's just started saying "ta" if we give her something desirable (like a large blackberry) in a disarmingly charming way.
To say I don't know where the year has gone would be a cliche, but I did find myself yesterday reliving some still very vivid memories of giving birth. The feeling of a small, warm, fuzzy haired thing being put on my tummy is one which will never fade. We both had to go to work on her actual birthday, but we had lots of fun the day before. Her cousins joined us for a family day out to what was billed as a 'teddy bears' picnic' organised by the East Lancashire Railway, which turned out to be a cross between a traditional village fete and Phoenix Nights. The promised steam train broke down, but at least we didn't get rained on. We visited the Leicester grandparents on Sunday and will see the Derby grandparents next Sunday.
My first day in my new role went well, and I'm wondering if a pattern is emerging with September 1st: new job 2007, new baby 2008, even better job 2009. What might 2010 hold?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close encounters of the furred kind

Opinion polls

An eye for an eye, and ...