In the swim

Frustrated at the lack of paddling opportunities at Southport, and fed up with my own shilly-shallying about the possible effects of chlorine on Katy's eczema, I took a snap decision to push the boat out (ho, ho) and zoom down to our local pool so she could experience swimming for the first time. We gate-crashed the last 30mins of a 'women only' session, which was conveniently quiet as Ramadan has just started!
She liked it! I can't say she loved it, but she wasn't at all overwhelmed by the size of the place (no special children's pool). And she did look especially cute in her little swimsuit complete with built-in swim nappy and frilly bottom! On the walk home we shared a raspberry ripple ice-cream, which made me realise more than ever that I'm no longer just looking after a baby, we're building a mother-daughter relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close encounters of the furred kind

Opinion polls

An eye for an eye, and ...